Parasitology Training Manual
- Abbreviation: Ri
- Size of cyst: 4 - 7 microns
- Size of trophozoite: 4 - 9 microns
- This organism is rarely recognized and reported.
- The cysts contain 1 nuclei with fibrils arranged in the shape of a birds beak. The cyst should not be confused
with yeast or Chilomastix mesnili cysts.
- The trophozoites are slightly pear shaped or oval with one nucleus. A cytostome extends half the
length of the cell. Two flagella are present one posterior the other anterior.
Notice the trophozoites two flagella one anterior
the other posterior. The fibrils of the cysts are evident in this drawing illustrating the birds beak shape.
Return To The Introduction of The Flagellates