Parasitology Training Manual
- Abbreviation: Cm
- Size of cyst: 6 - 10 microns
- Size of trophozoite: 6 - 20 microns
- Considered a non-pathogen.
- The trophozoites appear to be pear shaped with a prominent cytostome extending almost half the
length of the cell. The organism contains one anterior nucleus and 4 flagella.
- The cysts are generally lemon shaped or rounded with one central nucleus and a visible cytostome. They stain darkly and should not
be confused with yeast.
Click on the image below to enlarge.
Return To Flagellate Introduction
The material on this site is owned by Scientific Image and
David M. Raymondo
Professional Affiliation: Gamma-Dynacare Medical Laboratories, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Gamma-Dynacare is a Division of the Dynacare Health Group